Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic back in March 2020, Deep Sea & Coastal Pilots has taken an active approach in our response to COVID-19. Following successful implementation of procedures and testing ,we have continued to provide our clients with our service throughout the pandemic, whilst also adjusting to the ever changing rules and scenarios. Our pilots are classified as key workers and therefore have no issues with travelling to join vessels all over around Europe.
Please find below an outline of the measures our pilots are taking, as well as documents relating to our procedures around testing:
- Following strict Government guidelines in relation to ways of how to mitigate risk of catching the virus.
- Where possible, the use hire cars and taxis in order to avoid public transport and social exposure.
- Self-isolation for a period of 14 days for any pilot who has been in contact with the virus/person contaminated with the virus. To date we have had no instances of infection amongst our pilots.
- Report any symptoms to us immediately in the build up to joining a vessel, however minor. We will then instruct the pilot to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and he will not return to work until a negative test result is received.
- Provide pre boarding statements to Masters when boarding the vessel (which I have attached for your reference) when a test has not been taken.
- All pilots carry full PPE equipment and strictly adhere to all on board procedures relating to COVID-19.
- PCR testing of pilots available for all clients prior to boarding vessels (please refer to our testing procedures for costs and timings involved).
- For pilot launch boarding, all UK pilots use Brixham to minimise exposure. Those based in Europe have the flexibility to join off Cherbourg if travelling here minimises exposure.
- PCR testing prior to flights when required to join vessels around the continent.
Please find below our procedures relating to COVID-19 PCR testing as well as further links to the UK Government website for the latest information, rules and recommendations.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office via email or phone and someone will be happy to assist you.
We wish all our clients the best of health during this difficult times and we will continue to offer them our support.